Monday, October 1, 2012

Thick Skull

Okay, last week  just sucked  to be honest. I didn't "cheat" as far as going out to eat fast food but I didn't track my food intake like Weight Watchers teaches you.  My thoughts were "I got this, this is easy".  However 2 point or 3 point snacks here and there along with meals will put  you over your points before dinner.  So on my weigh in day I only lost .8 lbs.  That is ridiculous considering how much have to lose and if I had tracked my points more carefully I would have been down at least 2 more pounds.  UG.. Me and my stubborness, thinking I can do things my way.  Today was a new day. I tracked everything I ate and when I weighed myself this evening I was 3 pounds less than I was in the morning.  Now if it would just cool down a bit I could get out after work and do some real cardio.  This heat literally zaps me.  Thank goodness for a friend at work we do walk early in the morning before the heat sets in.

My other endenovor is to save money.  We only use cash to buy anything.  Nothing on credit.  I will  be 40 in two years and I don't want to be working 50 hours a week until I am 65.  I want to pay our house off to be free of our largest financial obligation.  I am terrified that my husband and I could lose our job at any time and then we could lose everything.  :-(  Working everyday, missing my kids, would all be for nothing if we lost our house because one of us lost our jobs.

I would like to mention that my husband is a real source of support in my weight  loss journey.  He has been working out hard everyday for eight weeks never giving up.  It is so nice to have my husband on the same path as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment